CALL FOR PAPERS
This workshop will focus on R&D efforts in cross-cutting areas at the intersection of algorithms research, computational sciences, decision sciences and optimization. Both regular papers as well as short position papers describing work-in-progress with innovative ideas related to the workshop topics are being solicited.
**Select PDADS 2022 Workshop papers will be invited to extend the manuscripts to be considered for a Special Issue of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC) on Systems and Decision Sciences**
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Parallel algorithms for integer/mixed-integer programming, linear/nonlinear programming, stochastic programming, robust optimization, combinatorial optimization, feasibility problems (SAT, CP, etc.).
- Parallel heuristic and meta-heuristic algorithms.
- Parallel evolutionary algorithms, swarm intelligence, ant colonies, other.
- Parallel local and complete search methods.
- Learning approaches for optimization in parallel and distributed environments.
- Parallel and distributed approaches for parameter tuning, simulation-based optimization, and black box optimization.
- Parallel algorithm portfolios.
- Quantum optimization algorithms.
- Use of randomization techniques for scalable decision support systems.
- Application of decision support systems on novel computing platforms (shared/distributed memory, edge devices, cloud platforms, field programable gate arrays, quantum computers, etc.).
- Use of parallel computing for timely and/or higher quality decision support.
- Theoretical analysis of convergence and/or complexity of parallel optimization algorithms and decision support systems.
- Optimization techniques in machine learning, such as high-performance first and higher order iterative optimization algorithms for minimizing loss and optimizing weight and bias tensors.
- Application-centric manuscripts involving optimizations for decision-making capabilities in systems such as logistics, transportation and urban planning, public health, manufacturing, energy (e.g., electric grids), digital twin systems (e.g., precision agriculture, smart cities, earth systems) operations management, finance and other areas are especially encouraged.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
June 01, 2022 June 17, 2022 (AoE)
Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 17, 2022 (AoE) (no extension)
Author Notification: July 1, 2022 (AoE)
Camera-Ready Copy: July 11, 2022 (AoE)
Workshop: August 29, 2022
Please go [HERE] for instructions.