Advances in Scientific Computing and Applied Mathematics
Submission: Special Journal
Special issue title: "Advances in computational modeling and simulation"
Special issue journal: Computers and Mathematics with Applications
Guest editors: Pavel Bochev, Qiang Du, Steven L. Hou and Clayton Webster
We anticipate each submission to be roughly 20 pages in length for each, which will be divided into 2 special issues, grouped by proximity in subjects. The proposed schedule for handling the papers is as follows:
- Submissions due: May 31, 2015
- First round of reviews completed by July 1, 2015
- Notification of acceptance July 8, 2015
- Final reviews completed by August 31, 2015
The special issues will feature original work by leading researchers in numerical analysis, mathematical modeling and computational science. Guest editors will select and invite the contributions. The papers will undergo rigorous peer review process managed by the guest editors (Bochev, Du, Hou and Webster) and supervised by the journal's Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Leszek Demkowicz. We anticipate to receive submissions covering the following subject areas:
- Climate modeling and groundwater flows: including ocean and ice sheet
modeling, numerical algorithms
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Computational geometry, mesh generation and image processing
- Finite element methods: including Least-squares FEMs, Stabilized FEMs,
Compatible FEMs, DG, and DPG
- Flow control, theory, numerical methods and applications
- Materials modeling: including multi-scale methods, quasi-continuum
methods, atomistic to continuum coupling, peridynamics and nonlocal model,
applications in superconductivity
- Reduced order modeling, domain decomposition and multidisciplinary
simulation and optimization
- UQ and mumerical methods for partial differential equations with random
Authors should electronically submit papers of previously unpublished work in PDF format to the Guest Editors.
Submissions should be formatted in Computers and Mathematics with Applications style, following the authors guide, which can be found here:
Please submit your contribution for the special issue of CAMWA by visiting the journal's webpage at:
If you don't have a consolidated user profile for the Elsevier editorial System you will need to create one.
When submitting the paper please make sure to select "ASCAM-2015" as the type of your paper. Failure to do so may result in your paper being misplaced!