BLI VIII Logistics
Airport:Knoxville airport is the closest (http://www.tys.org/). Nashville airport is approx. 2.5 hours drive and Atlanta airport is ~3.5 hours away.
Transportation to the hotels:Most hotels are within 20-25 minutes (15-20 miles) from the airport.
Hotels:We have 205 rooms reserved at Government rate of $88.00 at the following places. The early bird rate will close early May and please see the second to last column for specific days. The last column has the link to Google maps showing the directions from the hotel to the conference venue (approx. location) at ORNL. We will have signs along the way to guide you.
Transportation to the conference venue:
- Venue: Spallation Neutron Source (SNS), ORNL. Here is the link to the approximate venue location: https://goo.gl/maps/T1Byi. You can use this to chart your drive using your phone's navigation. A more detailed map of the area is at the following location: click here. All the hotels are close to I-40 on this map and are located in between the airport and ORNL.
- SNS is on guarded ORNL reservation. On Bethel Valley Road, you will have to go through the guard station (be on the visitor lane - right lane) and show your driver's license or passport to access the venue (you must present these credentials every time when you pass through the portal). Please make sure your name on the user registration matches that of your ID. Allow at least 20-30 minutes extra time for possible delays at the entry portal.
- The identification has to conform to RealID act and the following are acceptable form of identification
- A compliant state driver’s license (currently 7 states and one US territory are not compliant: American Samoa, Arizona, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, and Idaho)
- An Enhanced Driver's License (Minnesota and New York)
- A passport that is not expired
- A US Military ID
- Since this is on a guarded reservation, it is important to note that there is no public transportation or hotel shuttles to the venue. This year we do not have any dedicated bus transportationto the venue. If you do not have a rental car, please send a note to Nancy Valentine and we will try to possibly link you up with others at your hotel.
All attendees are urged to car pool to the lab as we do not have bus service and will only have limited parking onsite. Please have your drivers license or passport as you enter the lab portal.
For more details, please visit ORNL Visitor Page
Local area hotels at Govt. Rate (please reserve before the group rate expires)
|Hotel Name||Hotel Address||Phone Number||Web Address||Group Code||Number of Rooms||Closes||Google Maps with Directions to venue (note: the driving times listed are higher than normal as maps contain very conservative speed limits for roads within the ORNL reservation)|
|Courtyard by Marriott Knoxville||216 Langley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922||865-539-0600||15||FULL||29 minutes drive
|Courtyard by Marriott Knoxville/Bearden||250 Brookview Centre Way, Knoxville, TN 37919||865-690-7680||Web Link||15||5/11/2015||35 minutes drive https://goo.gl/maps/B7aWX|
|Embassy Suites Knoxville||9621 Parkside Drive, Knoxville, TN 37922||865-246-2309||Web Link||BL1||25||5/4/2015||28 minutes drive
|Hampton Inn Turkey Creek||11340 Campbell Lake Drive, Knoxville, TN 37934||865-966-0303||20||5/11/2015||30 minutes drive
|Holiday Inn Cedar Bluff||9134 Executive Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37923||865-693-1011||30||5/1/2015||29 minutes drive
|Homewood Suites Knoxville||10935 Turkey Drive, Knoxville, TN 37922||865-777-0375||15||5/11/2015||30 minutes drive
|Residence Inn||215 Langley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922||865-539-5339||15||5/11/2015||29 minutes drive
|Staybridge Cedar Bluff||11319 Campbell Lakes Drive, Knoxville, TN 37934||1-800-238-8000||BYL||40||5/11/2015||30 minutes drive
|Townplace Suites||205 Langley Place, Knoxville, TN 37922||865-693-5216||30||5/11/2015||30 minutes drive
Any questions, please contact Nancy Valentine