Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:14:20 -0400
From: Alred Brooks
I have looked at the website map and have the following comments:
- There should be a stipulation that these pages should convey information
rapidly and not be a lot of slow moving glitter.
- 1) There are many more related links may of which are on my CAP Catalogue
- I would add quite a bit more on off-site data sources, summaries and
abstracts that would provide a collection of background information. Some
of the sources should be excerpted. Some references follow:
- The ORR Annual Site Environmental Report for 1998, DOE/ORO-2091
This is one of a series of reports dating back to 1985 or earlier (See 3.).
Each report contains a bibliography of supporting environmental reports for
- Environmental Surveillance of the ORR and Environs During 1985;
ORNL-6271. (Title of early ASER reports.) See Section 8 on off-site
sampling for Mercury et al.
- OREIS - Oak Ridge Environmental Information System
- TDEC Environmental Monitoring Report for 1997 (Also issued in earlier
- TDEC Status Report to the Public - 1998 (Also issued in earlier years)
Qualitative comments on the state of the ORR environment.
- ORR Background Soil Characterization Project - Final Report on the
Background Soil Characterization Project at the ORR, DOE/OR/01-1175/V2,
- Lower East Fork Poplar Creek - Sewer Line Beltway Remedial Investigation
Report; DOE/OR/02-1119 Vol II Sections 5-8 by SAIC; April 1993 and Addendum
See Section 5 Tables 5.1 - 5.5 page 5-10 for contaminant data
- Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study Reports for:
Lower Watts Bar Reservoir; March 1995; DOE/OR/01-1282&D4
Popular Creek/Clinch River Embayment
There may be others (CSX Railroad, Atomic City Auto Parts, etc.)
- Scarboro Community Environmental Study 9/22/98; Contact: Bob Poe 576 0891
- Burson, Z.G. Aerial Radiological Surveys of ERDA's Oak Ridge Facilities
and Vicinity, Report No. EGG-1183-1682. EG&G/EM, Las Vegas, Nevada, 1976.
- Boyns, R.I. An Aerial Radiological Survey of the Oak Ridge Reservation,
Report No. EGG-10282-1001. EG&G/EM, Las Vegas, Nevada, 1984.
- Fritzsche, A.E. An Aerial Radiological Survey of the White Oak Creek
Floodplain Oak Ridge Reservation, Report No. EGG-10282-1136. EG&G/EM, Las
Vegas, Nevada, 1987.
- Maurer, R.J. An Aerial Radiological Survey of the Oak Ridge Reservation
and Surrounding Area, Report No. EGG-10617-1123. EG&G/EM, Washington, D.C.,
- Maurer, R.J. An Aerial Survey of the ORR - EGG-10617-1229 April 1993.
There were also fly-overs in 1959, 1973, 1997.
- David Carden, Timothy Joseph, Aerial Radiological Surveys of the
Scarboro Community May 1998
- Revis, W.N., etal, An Assessment of Health Risk Associated with Mercury
in Soil and Sediment from East Fork Poplar Creek, Oak Ridge,
Tennessee(Final report); Oak Ridge Research Institute, Oak Ridge, TN; April
- Rowley, D.L., Turri, P., Paschal, D.C.; A Pilot Survey of Mercury
Levels in Oak Ridge [Residents], TN; 9/85;Div. of Env. Hazard & Health
Effects, CDC, Public Health Service, USDH&HS, Atlanta, GA 30333
- ATSDR; Exposure Investigation: Serum PCB and Blood Mercury Levels in
Consumers of Fish and Turtles from Watts Bar Reservoir, CERCLIS NO.
TN18900900003; US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Div. of Health
Assessment and Consultation; Atlanta , GA (1-800-447-1544;
- Additional web links of interest to ORR stakeholders may found at:
- End E-mail From Alred Brooks Web Site
- From firstname.lastname@example.org Tue Apr 17 20:17:59 2001