First OpenSHMEM Workshop: Experiences, Implementations and Tools
"The Future of OpenSHMEM and Related Technologies"
The Historic Inn's Governor Calvert House Ballroom and Atrium
March 4-6, 2014
The OpenSHMEM workshop is an annual event dedicated to the promotion and advancement of parallel programming with the OpenSHMEM programming interface and to helping shape its future direction. It is the premier venue to discuss and present the latest developments, implementation technology, tools, trends, recent research ideas and results related to OpenSHMEM and its use in applications. This year's workshop will also emphasize the future direction of OpenSHMEM and related technologies, tools and frameworks. We will also focus on future extensions for OpenSHMEM and hybrid programming on platforms with accelerators. Although, this is an OpenSHMEM specific workshop, we welcome ideas used for other PGAS languages/APIs that may be applicable to OpenSHMEM.
Topics of interest for conference include (but are not limited to):
- Experiences in OpenSHMEM applications in any domain
- Extensions to and shortcomings of current OpenSHMEM specification
- Hybrid heterogeneous or many-core programming with OpenSHMEM and other languages or APIs (i.e. OpenCL, OpenACC, CUDA, OpenMP)
- Experiences in implementing OpenSHMEM on new architectures
- Low level communication layers to support OpenSHMEM or other PGAS languages/APIs
- Performance evaluation of OpenSHMEM or OpenSHMEM-based applications
- Power / energy studies of OpenSHMEM
- Static analysis and verification tools for OpenSHMEM
- Modeling and performance analysis tools for OpenSHMEM and/or other PGAS languages/APIs.
- Auto-tuning or optimization strategies for OpenSHMEM programs
- Runtime environments and schedulers for OpenSHMEM
- Benchmarks and validation suites for OpenSHMEM
The workshop will be held at the Historic Inn's Governor Calvert House Ballroom and Atrium located at 58 State Cir, Annapolis, MD 21401