Sunday from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m., Lobby of Grand Ballroom G, 2nd Floor
2011 DOE Applied Mathematics Program Meeting
The DOE Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research (ASCR) will hold a meeting for investigators in the Applied Mathematics Program on October 17-19, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Reston in Washington, DC. The 2.5-day meeting will consist of a combination of plenary talks, breakout sessions, and poster sessions to highlight recent research in selected theme areas.
The purpose of this meeting is to exchange technical information and foster interactions among researchers funded by the DOE Applied Mathematics Program. Theme areas will be emphasized, but research contributions from all areas of the portfolio of the DOE Applied Mathematics Program are encouraged. The meeting is organized by the Computer Science and Mathematics Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Linear Algebra
- Multiscale and numerical PDEs
- Discretization and Meshing
- Stochastic Systems and Uncertainty Quantification
- Analysis of Petascale Data
- Complex Interconnected Systems
- Title and abstract for research contributions: midnight (PCT) August 15, 2011
- Meeting registration: September 26, 2011
- Hotel reservations: September 26, 2011
- Meeting: October 17, 2011 @ 8:00AM to October 19, 2011 @ 1:00PM
The meeting is funded by the Applied Mathematics Program in the Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research at DOE.