USN Technical Presentations
DOE UltraScienceNet: Network Research Experiments, LHCNet Meeting, October 2006.
DOE UltraScienceNet Update: VLAN Experiments and Analysis , ESCC Meeting, July 2006.
DOE UltraScienceNet Update: Application-Level Performance and Cray X1(E) experiments, ESCC Meeting, February 2006.
DOE UltraScienceNet, PI Meeting, September 2005.
Integrated Control Plane and Scheduler Developments, JET Engineering Team Meeting, June 2006.
Integrated Control Plane Developments: CHEETAH, HOPI, OSCARS, USN, 2006 JointTechs Workshop, July 2006. ppt-version
Application-Level Measurements Over Dedicated
UltraScienceNet Perspective, Circuit and Lightpath Measurement Panel,
Winter 2006 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop,Albuquerque, NM.
Application-Level Network Performance:
Networks Are Not Just for Network Engineers, Terabits Networking Panel,
Ultra High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terabits Challenge,
April 24, 2006, Barcelona, Spain
USN Technical Papers
- N. S. V. Rao, W. R. Wing, S. M. Carter, Q. Wu, High-speed dedicated channels and experimental results with hurricane protocol, Annals of Telecommunications, 2006, in press.
- S. Gorinsky and N. S. V. Rao, Dedicated channels as an optimal network support for eective transfer of massive data, High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terbits Challenge, 2006.
- 5. N. S. V. Rao, Control plane for advance bandwidth scheduling in ultra high-speed networks, High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terbits Challenge, 2006.
- Q. Wu, N. S. V. Rao, Protocols for high-speed data transport over dedicated channels, Third International Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long-Distance Networks, 2005.
- N. S. V. Rao, W. R. Wing, S. M. Carter, Q. Wu, UltraScience Net: Network testbed for large-scale science applications, IEEE Communications Magazine, November 2005, vol. 43, no. 11, pages, S12-17.
- N. S. V. Rao, Q. Wu, S. M. Carter, W. R. Wing, Experimental results on data transfers over ded icated channel, First International Workshop on Provisioning and Transport for Hybrid Networks: PATHNETS, 2004.
USN Position Papers
- N. S. Rao, S. M. Carter, Q.Wu, W. R. Wing, M. Zhu, A. Mezzacappa, M. Veeraraghavan, J. M. Blondin, Networking for large-scale science: Infrastructure, provisioning, transport and application mapping, SCiDAC Meeting , 2005.
Related Technical Papers
- Q. Wu, M. Zhu, N. S. V. Rao, System design for on-line distributed computational visualization and steering, International Conference on E-Learning and Games, 2006.
- M. Zhu, Q. Wu, N. S. V. Rao, S. S. Iyengar, On optimal mapping of visualization pipeline onto linear arrangement of network nodes, International Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis, 2005.
- M. Zhu, Q. Wu, N. S. V. Rao, S. S. Iyengar, Adaptive Visualization Pipeline Decomposition and Mapping onto Computer Networks Third International Conference on Image and Graphics, 2004.
- W. Habib, Q. Song, Z. Li, N. S. V. Rao, Deployment of GMPLS control plane for grid applications in experimental high performance networks, IEEE Communications Magazine, 2006, in press.
- X. Zheng, M. Veeraraghavan, N. S. V. Rao, Q. Wu, and M. Zhu. CHEETAH: Circuit-switched high speed end-to-end transport architecture testbed, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 43, no. 8, 2005.
- X. Zheng, X. Zhu, M. Veeragaghavan, Z. Li, Q. Song, I. W. Habib, N. S.V. Rao, Implementation of a GMPLS-based network with end-to-end host initiated signalling, International Conference on Communications, 2006.
Path Computation and Bandwidth Scheduling
- N.S.V. Rao, W.C. Grimmell, Y.C. Bang, S. Radhakrishnan, On algorithms for quickest paths under different routing modes, IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E87-B, no. 4, 2004, pp. 1002-1006.
- N.S.V. Rao, Probabilistic quickest path algorithm, Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 312, no. 2-3, pp. 189-201, 2004.
- W.C. Grimmell and N.S.V. Rao, On source-based route computation for quickest paths under dynamic bandwidth constraints, International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 503-523, 2003.
- J. Gao, N. S. V. Rao, J. Hu, J. Ai, Quasi-periodic route to chaos in the dynamics of Internet transport protocols, Physical Review Letters, vol. 94, 2005.
- J. Gao, N.S.V. Rao, TCP AIMD dynamics over Internet connections, IEEE Communications Letters, 2005.
- M. Yang, J.-F. Ru, H. Chen, A. Bashi, X. R. Li and N. S. V. Rao, Predicting Internet end-to-end delay: A statistical study, to appear in Annual Review of Communications, Vol. 58, 2005.
- Q. Wu, N. S. V. Rao, S. S. Iyengar, On transport daemons for small collaborative over wide-area net works, Proceedings of International Performance Computing and Communications Conference, 2005.
- Q. Wu, N. S. V. Rao, A class of reliable UDP-based transport protocols based on stochastic approximation, Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2005.
- N. S. V. Rao, J. Gao, L. O. Chua, On dynamics of transport protocols in wide-area Internet connections, in Complex Dynamics in Communication Networks, L. Kocarev and G. Vattay (editors), 2005.
- N.S.V. Rao, Q. Wu, S.S. Iyengar, On throughput stabilization of network transport, IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 8, no. 1, 2004, pp. 66-68.