USN Related Meetings and Workshops
- DOE Office of Science Workshop on Scalable and Secure Control-Plane Technologies for Hybrid Networks, February 8, 2006, Albuquerque, NM
- High-Speed Networking Workshop: The Terabits Challenge, In con-
junction with IEEE INFOCOM 2006, April 24, Barcelona, Spain.
- USN Kickoff Meeting: November 20-21, 2003, Fermi National Lab, Chicago, Illinois
- Mini-Workshop: UltraScience Net and Networking Requirements for Computational Biology, December 1, 2003, Germantown, Maryland
DOE Office of Science has conducted a series of workshops that identified the networking requirements and challenges of large-scale scientific applications. UltraScince Network project is motivated by a number of conclusions reached at these workshops:
- High-Performance Network Planning Workshop, August 13-15, 2002.
- A roadmap for DOE networking is formulated at the following workshop:DOE Science Networking Workshop, June 3-5, 2003.
- DOE Workshop on High-Speed Transport Protocols and Dynamic Provisioning for Large-Scale Science Applications, April 10-11, 2003