Home > Nichols
JPC Special Issue
Jeff Nichols, Ken Jordan and Alex Boldyrev will be Guest Editors for a special issue of JPC
("Simons festschrift") to be published in December of 2005 in celebration of Jack Simons' 60th birthday.
Spreadsheet showing status of authors contacted (and paper titles)
Update on the special issue of JPC
Alex Boldyrev (one of the guest editors for this issue) has kindly volunteered to start hounding everyone in a more significant fashion in order that we get this special issue delivered in a timely manner. The specific items to remember are:
- The dates for submission for the issue of J. Phys. Chem. honoring Jack Simons
will be May, 1, 2005 through June 31, 2005.
- Authors should submit their contributions to the Paragon web site
and indicate in the cover letter the name of the special issue.
The author could recommend the names of 3-4 objective, appropriate reviewers,
who are active in the field (and thus their names will be in the reference section).
- Contributions have to be new and unpublished material (definitely no reviews).
It will be submitted and reviewed in the regular manner by JPC editors without any
indication by us or in the manuscript about the special issue. If an indication is
given in the manuscript, it will be returned to the author to correct.
- The cover letter to the editor should state that the paper is for the
special Simons issue.
- If you have any other questions or concerns regarding submission to this
special issue, please send a message to email@example.com .
(This is the e-mail for reaching Ken Jordan in connection with J. Phys. Chem. questions.)
- The target publication window remains December, 2005.