1) How to Obtain R for Windows
If you are Using a Mac, Linux, or Unix go to the R web site for instructions
If you DO NOT have Administrator permission on your PC you will need
assistance from a Systems Administrator. If this is the case, ask the
Systems Administrator to complete the following steps.
After the following steps have been completed by someone
you can proceed
with with steps 2-3
On The Main Page
The references to the R version "R-2.6.0" should be
the current version that is available at the R web site,
i.e. "R-v.v.v". R will be installed in (the local equivalent
of) C:\Program Files\R\
NOTE: THERE IS A MAJOR CHANGE IN R 2.10.0 (2009-10-26) that
will effect the display of the help files.
- To obtain Current Windows Version of R visit
The Comprehensive R Archive Network.
Click on [Mirrors] under CRAN on menu on the left, and choose a location close to you.
- Select "Windows (95 and later)" and click on "base" to obtain compiled binary.
Review the instructions in the in the README file.
Please look at the links [R FAQ] and [R windows FAQ].
- Download R (right click on R-2.6.0-win32.exe); select "Save Link Target As.." and save it to your Desktop, or other location. (this is a 28MB file)
- Double Click on R-2.6.0-win32.exe., and select
all the default options. This will install R in standard location ( C:\Program Files\R\R-2.6.0).
- An R-Icon (short cut) should appear on your desktop after
installation. If not, create a short cut to
Download sand_1.4.tar.gz for self install on Mac or Linux.
Developed For U. S. DOE,
Office of Health, Safety, and Security
Last Modified 25 Nov 2009 (touches: 223932 )