ORNL highlights scientific discoveries in climate, genomics, materials, molecular biology, and nuclear medicine made possible by advances in mathematical methods and high performance computing. Learn how performance evaluations of early systems are used to develop specialized techniques to optimize applications for terascale systems. See how M3C and C3 tools and Harness/PVM help build fault-tolerant clusters (NT, Linux or NOW) that can be administered via a web browser. Check out plug-ins for going unplugged and the CCA (Common Component Architecture) -- the next best thing to cut and paste for developing large-scale multi-disciplinary simulations.
Visit the ORNL booth and explore:
- Will tomatoes grow in Tennessee in 2099?
- Can I have a cool car in California?
- Can I take that shipment through Nevada?
- How many ways can a virus vibrate?
- Why do I have this craving for cheese?
- How can I scale my cluster administrator (without leaving scars)?
- How fast is fast enough?